At the YMCA Child Development Centers at Walt Disney World Resort, our vision is to provide a high-quality, safe, and stimulating environment for your children. In order to meet that vision, and to help us grow, we need parents’ involvement and feedback.
We take your concerns and feedback very seriously and make every effort to address issues within our centers. In order to assist with this, we have outlined a process and provided contact information for parents to share concerns or feedback easily. We also welcome any new ideas or positive feedback. Please feel free to share it with your teachers, the directors or senior management.
The process: An informal concern is initiated by discussing a situation with the parties involved.
- STEP 1: The concern may be shared by the parents with the appropriate teacher. Every opportunity should be given to the teacher to address the issue first. If the issue has not been resolved, a parent may follow the chain of command outlined below:
- STEP 2: A Program Director may be contacted if the parent is not satisfied. They may be contacted by phone, face to face, or by email.
- STEP 3: If the parent wishes to continue to address the issue, the parent may contact the Senior Program Director, the District Executive Director or the VP of Youth Development & Education. They may be contacted by phone, face to face, or by email.
- STEP 4: After addressing the issue with the VP of Youth Development & Education and if the parent is not satisfied with the resolution the concern may be reviewed by the Parent Advisory Board (PAB).
- STEP 5: The parent may contact the PAB Chairperson or Secretary to schedule time at an upcoming PAB meeting. The PAB would hear the concerns and make recommendations to the MAC (Management Advisory Committee). The MAC consists of management from the YMCA and Walt Disney World and provides advice and recommendations regarding the operations of the center. PAB chairperson will contact the parent to provide an update of the recommendations that have been shared.