From the time they’re born, children learn all the time and everywhere they go. In fact, research tells us that kids’ most important learning takes place before age 5.
With a solid focus on pre-reading, pre-math and social skills, 98% of kids who complete the program enter kindergarten ready to learn!
How does the Y do it?
- It starts with the Y’s mission-based commitment to help every child reach their full potential.
- It’s supported through a research-based curriculum that promotes early literacy and math skills, character development, health and wellness, and closer family relationships.
- Because we’re the Y, we make learning fun.
- Our caring, highly trained staff is attuned to each child’s unique developmental needs.
- We help instill values like caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, faith and empathy.
- And as the nation’s largest provider of quality, affordable child care, the Y always partners with parents to ensure that their kids are safe, active and learning.
In addition, the Y offers:
- Extended-hour child care and flexible schedules to meet the needs of busy working families — 365 DAYS PER YEAR.
- National program accreditation through A.P.P.L.E (Accredited Professional Preschool Learning Environment)
- Family wellness, including healthy cooking demos and an on-site wellness specialist who provides daily, structured activities around physical fitness and nutrition.
- An on-site nurse who provides wellness checks and preventative health care.
- Behavior specialists for monthly parenting seminars, individual assessments and more.
- Balanced, nutritious meals and snacks, based on USDA guidelines to help kids grow up healthy, smart and strong.