With the Y of Central Florida’s 2013-14 Annual Support Campaign gearing up, we’ve set a goal to raise $3.2 million to help improve the lives of more than 90,000 children, families and seniors who need us the most.
People like Y scholarship recipients Stacy-Ann Nembhard and her young sons Tristan and Jarid, who visit the Wayne Densch YMCA in Pine Hills several times per week.
As a single mom, Stacy-Ann relies on the Y to reduce stress, build confidence and improve her health. In just two years, she’s reduced her risk of chronic disease, lost significant weight, competed in her first 5K and even become a Zumba instructor.
Her greatest pride, however, is what her boys gain from the Y – strong values, great role models and a healthier, happier mom.
“Before joining the Y, we spent most of our free time in front of the TV, playing video games and eating unhealthy food. Now if we miss a day, my kids are unhappy,” said Stacy-Ann. “I’m so grateful to the awesome team at the Wayne Densch Y. They always encourage us on and I’m proud to call them my Y family.”
Stacy-Ann’s is just one of thousands of great Y scholarship stories we could share. Thanks to 8,300 generous donors, this year we were also able to:
- Improve the lives of 91,000 people who could not otherwise afford Y-quality programs.
- Nurture 35,116 kids through Y afterschool programs focused on values, reading, wellness and strengthening families.
- Reverse summer learning loss for 9,971 children who took part in Y summer camps.
- Empower 11,127 people to embrace prevention and combat chronic disease.
- Provide swim lessons, including SafeStart our infant water survival program, to 2,959 kids.
- Invest $6.1 million to operate 9 Outreach Ys serving fragile communities.
To make an immediate, life-changing difference today, click here.