Each time you come to the YMCA of Central Florida you will need to show proof of valid membership for security purposes, whether in the form of your membership identification card, a fingerprint scan, or app.
Membership Dues and Fees
At the YMCA of Central Florida, there are two membership payment options: annual or monthly draft. Members may elect to have their monthly payments automatically drafted from their checking account or charged against their credit card. Memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable. Your membership dues provide for daily operation of member services.
Membership Returned Draft Fee
Members will be assessed a bad draft fee and/or a return check fee (minimum of $20) for each returned item through bank draft, declined credit card, or insufficient bank funds.
Changes to a Membership
If at any time there is to be a change to a membership, the proper change form(s) must be submitted in-person at the family center at least five business days prior to the designated draft date. Failure to do so will result in that month’s draft being non-refundable. Changes via fax, phone, email, or standard mail are not permitted. Changes made to membership status for those members also enrolled in a fee-based program cannot take effect until draft following completion of enrolled program.
Holds on a Membership
If circumstances arise, members in good standing may place their membership on hold for up to three continuous months once per calendar year. During the hold period, there will be $10 monthly hold fee. Members must complete the proper hold form in-person at a family center for a hold to take effect. At the end of the agreed hold period (a maximum of three months), the membership will be automatically reactivated with monthly draft charges beginning to occur again on the agreed upon draft date.
Cancelling a Membership
As a member of the YMCA of Central Florida, members may cancel their membership at any time by giving a minimum of 30 day notice in writing. The cancellation must be made in person with a signed Cancellation Form completed at a YMCA of Central Florida location and with the submission of your membership card to a Membership Director or Family Center Executive Director. If you participate in membership draft payment plan, this will continue the draft until you formally cancel the membership per above. Phone calls or messages, facsimile or emails requesting cancellation will not constitute cancellation.
Guests have time-limited access and usage at YMCA of Central Florida Family Centers and sites. Each guest must provide a valid photo ID and check-in by completing a guest packet in its entirety each time to access the facility and agree to our Code of Conduct and membership policies while on YMCA premises. In accordance with our policies, guests are screened and compared against the National Sex Offender Registry and access may be denied based on results as well as any violation of the Code of Conduct. Guests under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign them in; no guests under 12 years will be admitted without parental supervision.
Guest dues/fees are as follows (unless part of an Association campaign):
- First visit: free
- Second visit: $10
- Third visit: requires membership
Visitors have time-limited access and are not permitted to use facility equipment at YMCA of Central Florida Family Centers and sites. Visitors agree to enter the facility in an observational capacity and must be associated with a valid purpose for their access. Visitors may access the YMCA on multiple occasions if the purpose for access without facility membership is valid. Common purposes for visitation include observation of sport events or other YMCA programs, meetings with YMCA leadership, or special events or activities open to the community.
Each visitor must provide a valid photo ID and check-in by completing an appropriate waiver for their visit purpose each time to access the facility. All visitors, regardless of their purpose for access, must agree to our Code of Conduct and policies while on YMCA of Central Florida premises. In accordance with our policies, visitors may be screened and compared against the National Sex Offender Registry and access may be denied based on results as well as any violation of the Code of Conduct.
Program participants have limited-time access and program-specific usage terms at family centers and sites for the duration of their program. Each program participant must complete appropriate paperwork and pay any fees in full.
- Program paperwork may include registration and/or intake forms, waiver, photo release, and medical clearance. Each separate program registration will require the completion of appropriate paperwork.
- Program participants must provide a YMCA of Central Florida program card, have a photo on file and/or a valid photo ID (16+), and check in each time to access the facility.
- Program participants must agree to the YMCA of Central Florida Code of Conduct and membership policies while on YMCA premises.
- For youth programs:
- A parent or guardian must complete paperwork for dependents under the age of 18 years.
- The parent or guardian accompanying any youth under the age of 18 must provide a valid photo ID and check in each time to access the facility (please refer to visitor policy for further details).
- A parent or guardian must stay on YMCA of Central Florida premises for the duration of the program for youth under the age of 12. Program participants 12 and older will be admitted without parental supervision but must follow the check-in process and the YMCA of Central Florida Code of Conduct while on YMCA of Central Florida premises without parent.
- In accordance with our policies, program participants and their parents/guardians are screened and compared against the National Sex Offender Registry and access may be denied based on results as well as any violation of the Code of Conduct.
Cancellation, Closure, and Change of Terms
YMCA of Central Florida Family Center’s reserve the right to:
- Cancel classes or programs for insufficient enrollment and/or for special events.
- Close facilities in inclement weather or due to circumstances beyond the Y’s control.
- Change schedules, rates, and fees without prior notice when necessary.
Financial assistance is available for families and individuals in need. Family centers can provide individuals with additional information and financial assistance forms. Determination of financial assistance is related to verification of income as well as availability of funds. If approved, applicants must complete a full membership application and will be provided with financial assistance for a specific time period—after which, they must reapply with updated information.
Volunteer members must complete a YMCA of Central Florida Volunteer Application packet and undergo background screenings prior to acceptance. Volunteer membership does not include facility access or usage of any facility, program, or service associated with the YMCA of Central Florida.